Eggless Matcha Scone Recipe
Here's an amazing eggless Matcha scone that I baked with some help from my 13 year old who is a keen teenager. The goodness of Matcha not just enhanced the taste, but also made me feel less guilty about eating those yummy scones with my afternoon tea
200g/8oz Self raising flour
25g/1oz granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
50g/2oz margarine (polyunsaturated if possible)
1 cup chocolate chips(optional)
125ml (1/4 pt) cold milk (you can also substitute it with soy milk)
1 teaspoons Tea People |Matchapowder
- Pre-heat oven to 190C. Keeping the temperature not too high helps to keep the nice green matcha color.
- Mix the Self raising flour, sugar, baking powder and Tea People Matcha Powder. Add margarine and knead them into the powder mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk. Knead the dough well.
- Add chocolate chips.(optional)
- Press dough on a lightly floured surface into any shape/s with thickness of 2 cm (or 0.7 inch).
- Bake for about 20 – 30 minutes. Can be served warm or cold.