Peppermint Cucumber Iced Tea
Truth be told, I stumbled upon this recipe completely by accident. I had a hot cup of peppermint tea brewed and ready but the way things are in a growing business, I never got around to drinking it and it grew cold. Someone had mentioned cucumbers go well with mint so I chopped up a fresh cucumber, dropped it into my now cold tea and stuck the cup into the fridge....and voila! a cold tea that made you tingle with cold even during the hottest day of the year!
I have now made slight changes to the recipe to further simplify and perfect the recipe. Have fun!
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Tea People Peppermint tea per glass of tea (depending on the strength required)
- Thinly sliced fresh cucumber pieces
- Fresh mint leaves and to garnish
- Agave nectar or any other sweetener to taste
- Brew tea in boiling water, letting it steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour brewed tea into a serving pitcher.
- Add sweetener if required
- Top up with cold water and ice. The sudden cooling will keep the flavor and aroma of the tea intact
- Put in cucumber pieces
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.