Organic Lemongrass - Loose Tea Taster
Refreshing Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
Lemon grass, also known as citronella is a herb from the grass family, native to South East Asia and later introduced to many tropical regions around the world. It grows in dense clumps and the fragrant leaves have been cut to a size that is perfect to be brewed.
On being brewed, the infusion is bright yellow with an aroma of fresh lemon. It is a crisp , mildly sweet tea which features a slight lemony taste without the astringent or tangy notes of an actual lemon.
They can be delicious both as a hot drink or a refreshing cold drink. They can be blended with other teas and ingredients like Tulsi, Turmeric, Ginger or Luxury English Breakfast to make exciting new blends. They can also be used in cooking to flavour soups and curries.
Traditionally it is used to aid digestion, relieve fever, soothe headaches and stomach aches.
Scientific studies show that Lemongrass
- May have antibacterial properties and support good oral health.
- Have been researched as potential therapy against gingivitis.
- Have strong antioxidant properties, that help limit damage to the body caused by free radicals which play a part in causing diseases like cancer, diabetes or heart disease.
- Animal studies show that lemongrass may help ease diarrhoea.
- They are also used in aromatherapy to help relieve stress and anxiety.
Pure Organic Dried Lemongrass
How to enjoy this tea
Steep 1 tsp per cup for 4-6 mins in 95-100° C water