Warehouse Operative/ Tea Handler
If you are someone who wants to
- work for an ethical, compassionate company where you will make a difference
- take responsibility of your own work and
- grow with the business
then read on….
What does the job entail?
As a Tea Handler/ Warehouse Operative you will be required to...
- undertake all aspects of order processing, i.e. picking, packing, labelling, shipping and updating relevant records in the computer system and manually.
- Handle and organise stock.
- Clean up the area before and after work and adhere to all standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Blend Tea (for which necessary training will be provided)
- Handle phone calls.
- Take ownership of the work and be in charge.
The type of work may change with each piece of work and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs bearing in mind that the boundaries of job responsibilities can be a lot wider in smaller entrepreneurial organisations.
Also note that this is a hands-on job which will also require some heavy lifting. You would hence need to be physically fit.
Skills and background required
While we are not looking for any particular set of qualifications or experiences, as training will be provided on the job to the right candidate, we would prefer someone with
- at least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- educated upto A levels or equivalent.
- a very positive attitude, a lot of enthusiasm, ability and zeal to learn quickly and take up challenges.
- self-motivated and be able to work independently but at the same time thrive in a team and take a leadership role when required. (There is a strong potential for this role to rise up to the position of Team Leader/ Supervisor)
- basic IT skills including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer.
Finally, you should be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment of a small albeit growing company.
And additional brownie points if you are also a tea lover!
Contract type : Permanent with 3 months probation.
No. of hours: 40 hours per week fixed + overtime work as and when required which could include some weekend work too.
Job location: Unit 5, 115 Loverock Road, Reading RG30 1DZ
Salary: £18,720 to £20,800 per year plus £9.00 to £10.00 per hour for overtime work.
- 28 days paid holiday
- Staff pension
- A free pack of tea each month; Exclusive staff discount on all products
- Opportunity to attend exhibitions and food festivals
- Learn about the tea industry
How to apply: If you would like to be considered for this role then please send in your CV along with a cover letter explaining your motivation to work for us and your fit for the role to [email protected]
Application deadline: 11th April 2021